Europe is the second smallest continent, with an area of 10,400,000 kmē (4,000,000 square miles). Its borders are much disputed,
reflecting cultural and political factors instead of geographical ones. There is much here for the traveller to enjoy, with
a bewildering array of diversity and culture, cosmopolitan cities and spectacular scenery.
Europe defies easy categorization, with its compact size and complex history. The following are five (loosely defined)
* Western Europe - Benelux, the British Isles and France;
* Northern Europe - Finland, Iceland and Scandinavia;
* Central Europe - Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Poland, Slovakia, and Slovenia and Switzerland;
* Eastern Europe - Armenia, Azerbaijan, the Baltic countries, Belarus, Bulgaria, Georgia, Moldova, Romania, Russia
* Mediterranean Europe - Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Macedonia, Malta,
Monaco, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia and Montenegro, Spain, Turkey and Vatican.